Friday, March 9, 2012

Shopping Spree!

With only a few weeks to go, it was time to pick up the majority of the stuff that we still needed to get - so last night we placed a HUGE Amazon order. That was pretty fun! I've never had 34 items in my shopping cart before.

Among other things, we've ordered the crib mattress; slow-flow bottle nipples; a video monitor (accessible from the net for when I go back to work, and usable for other things when Fish is older); various baby toiletries like thermometer, hairbrush, sunscreen, etc; crib sheets and co-sleeper sheets; a mobile and a few toys. I'm hoping that their shipping time estimate is an overestimate, as it's saying most of the stuff will arrive in April. Well, I guess Fish might, too...

Unless Fish has other ideas I will likely be able to keep working up to the weekend before my "due date", as the worst symptoms I'm having right now are disrupted sleep and stiff hip joints - and the two might be related. Work is pretty easy right now as the temp has started and a lot of my work is being transferred to him as he learns how to do it - and I can send him on nearly any task that requires walking, which is great. I'm still hoping that Fish goes a bit overdue as I want to give him/her as much lung maturation time as possible - it's the one part of the insulin resistance stuff that still worries me. But another part would like him/her to come out on time or close to it so I don't have to worry about a sudden intrauterine death. As it's not up to me regardless, I tend to just try not to think about it one way or the other, and continue to take things one day at a time, as has been the plan since July!

No comments:

Post a Comment