Had my latest appointment last night; all continues to progress very slowly. Fish was on the second of two super-active days and was moving around like mad when the midwife was trying to assess his/her position - and once again the feet were way over on my right side, nearly to my back. I still find that funny. Fish is definitely still head down, though, and both the midwife and her assistant felt that I seemed to be carrying "lower" meaning that Fish is slowly heading toward the exit - and a measurement of my fundal height (distance from my pelvis to the top of my uterus) came up smaller than last week, backing up that analysis.
All vital signs for both of us are pretty much unchanged.
We talked a bit about the newborn procedures that we are doing and not doing, analysed the birth horror story that I had heard recently and the probable unsaid-things that were perhaps not dealt with in the best way, and they requested a brief tour of the house so they could see the 'working conditions' that they will have in a few weeks' time. They were very glad to see that the clothes washer is not a front-loader - I guess that has caused problems for them in the past!
I was actually impressed that they spent so long talking about the scary birth story and reassuring me - I had not expected that level of concern. Not concern for the other family, necessarily, because they couldn't do anything there, but taking the time to make sure that *I* was OK with what I had heard, and the unspoken conclusion I received was that it was extremely unlikely that they would allow similar circumstances, should they occur, to blow up as badly as they did for that mom.
The midwives have two other clients due in March - one is overdue, with a date of March 11th, and the other coming up quick with a date of March 17th. I'm really hoping that both of them get sorted out before Fish decides it's time to arrive!
No comments:
Post a Comment