Monday, January 23, 2012

So. Tired.

31 weeks - woo!

Last night was not very good in the Sleeping Department. Though I've nothing to complain about, really, compared to some of my peers in my online March group who seem to be in perpetual pain. My biggest pregnancy symptom (aside from the highly annoying and mildly depressing Watch What You Eat, You Glucose-Sensitive Whale syndrome) appears to be the continued inability to sleep through the night without waking at least twice. I think in second trimester I got a couple of nights where I only woke once. That was the high point.

Last night was at least three times, and one of them lingered on as a not-quite-doze for a good half an hour at least. So I am a bit zombified at this, the start of a full work week, and only my second full work week in a month thanks to New Years and Martin Luther King Day. This is going to be a bit challenging.

But I remind myself, between near-headplants on the desk due to exhaustion, that at least I don't have the hip pain, sciatia, heartburn, swollen ankles, and general what-the-heck-is-THAT pain that seems so common in the third trimester.

Yet.

43 minutes of today's workday down...only eight hours and 17 minutes to go.... zzzz....

2 comments:

  1. Jut wait! I'm up to having to get up at least 5x a night. And I'm tossing and turning so much poor Todd sometime has trouble sleeping. Some say it's to prepare you for the middle of the night feedings. I don't know. Like you I do miss the sleeping through the night. Still, we know it's worth it....no matter how anointing it gets. Keep resting now...it gets harder! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...As pep talks go, that one left something to be desired! LOL Hang in there yourself, looking forward to hearing your news next week!

    ReplyDelete