Thursday, January 26, 2012

Breathing Easy (?)

There was a change last night. For the first time in three or four months, I can take deep breaths.

I'm not sure what this means. It's possible the baby has "dropped" - this normally happens a few weeks before birth but according to what I've read, baby can drop down (and float back up again!) around this time if it wants to. A dropped baby generally comes with increased bladder pressure and pelvic pain, though, and aside from the occasional twinge I haven't had pelvic pain. Not sure about the bladder pressure, as it's difficult to judge that when you have had to go all the time for months anyway.

My next midwife appointment is on Sunday and I'll be interested to see if the position has changed noticeably, and whether I can still breathe like this at that time. Fish also had a brief foray to my left side this morning after hanging out on the right all last night. There are no hard bulges palpable at the moment, though, so aside from "in there somewhere" I can't make any predictions as to current location.

I'm officially calling myself Seven Months Pregnant as of today!

No comments:

Post a Comment