Monday, November 7, 2011

Loading.... Please Wait.... 50% Complete....

Halfway there! While I would not classify pregnancy as a particularly restful or carefree time, I devoutly hope to have another 20 or so weeks of it.

A few milestones to report:

I can definitely feel the baby from the inside (either that or I have ingested Mexican jumping beans), and Martin thinks he may have felt it from the outside once or twice, but it's still a bit too faint for him to be sure.

Being able to feel the baby drastically reduces my OCD-like interest in the doppler.

Tonight we meet/interview the first of two midwives whom we are considering for home birth. A coworker of mine has hired her twice and speaks very highly of her.

It's already starting to get difficult to get up from a lying-down position. And I have 20 more weeks...? Beached Whale, here I come...

I continue to be very hungry at lunch and kind of "meh" at dinner time.

I have the best husband in the world, and we appear to have better communication skills than the majority of people posting on the community forums in the Baby Bump ipod app. Good grief, there are some whiners in there. Though there also appears to be an average age of about 20, so that may have something to do with it.

My brother got to see my bump on Skype this weekend and his grin was huge. That was cool to see. Martin said, "you may not like showing off your bump, but I do!"

I'm starting to actually contemplate BUYING BABY FURNITURE. As in, buy it and take it home and assemble it, not just buy it and take it home and tape the receipt to the sealed box. This is both exciting and scary.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder where these 20 year old moms-to-be live? Not around here, where having my first at <25 was an oddity, and it wasn't until my fourth (born when I was 30,) that I was more or less mainstream, age-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure where they live, but there are some Jerry-Springer-worthy life stories being shared on there. Poor kids.

    ReplyDelete