Psst. Yes, I know it's backwards. It was taken in a mirror.
This was one of the shirts that I mentioned back on September 22nd. I did end up buying it, obviously, and decided to use it as my subtle way of "coming out" at work. At nineteen weeks it has been getting more and more difficult to dress in such a way as to disguise my midsection. Though apparently I was more or less successful at it, as it was a surprise to everyone who commented about the shirt.
However, not many people did, so maybe it was a too-subtle way to announce! I dunno. It's hard for an introvert like me to hit that balance between announcing news without making too much of a fuss (particularly with a history of loss) and leaving people whispering speculations about my odd weight gain. At least no one asked the dreaded "Is this your first?" today, and I no longer have to remember to suck in my stomach when I walk in the hallway. Which, I must admit, was becoming less and less effective.
Some people commented on the bones-iness of the shirt without commenting on the baby aspect. I wasn't sure what to make of that. My coworker speculated that they noticed but chose not to comment. Fair enough - I've been in that position before.
As baby costumes go, I must say it was easier to get this one ON to the baby, as well as take care of any changing/feeding needs throughout the day, than I would expect for next year! But next year will have a much higher "cuteness" factor, most likely.
Look at me. Talking about next year! I must be making progress.
I like the shirt. If the kid comes out with a tooth already though, you'll be ahead in the teething game.
ReplyDelete