Many of my peers have been experienced the aches and pains of pregnancy for some time now; they came on gradually as things stretched, loosened, and otherwise changed. I've heard tales of heartburn, swollen feet/ankles, sore joints, inability to walk, even inability to lay down or sit down without pain. And I have been very grateful, as the weeks passed, to be having a pregnancy devoid of physical pain.
On Thursday night I think someone flipped a switch somewhere.
I still haven't got the heartburn and swelling. But my hip joints are decidedly unhappy, all of a sudden. It's a bit startling how quickly it changed, and leaves me wondering what else is going to crop up in the next...what is it, six weeks officially, seven weeks more likely. I am very glad I have my 'exercise ball' to sit on downstairs because nothing hurts when I sit on that...but it's not exactly a relaxing place to chill out.
Often I'll be fine until I try to move, which is making me much more conscious of making sure I don't have to make unnecessary trips after settling down somewhere. And there are times when I feel perfectly normal. I kind of expected this part, and accept it as par for the course, but it was quite surprising to have it come on so suddenly.
No comments:
Post a Comment