Fish has a pediatrician now. I went through the options available under our health insurance, picked one that sounded like a good fit, and 'interviewed' her yesterday afternoon. Having not been in a pediatrician's office since I was 17 I wasn't really sure what to expect, but it went well and we can always change doctors later if we need to for some reason.
The pediatrician would normally see the baby before he/she was discharged from the hospital after birth, but since we are planning a home birth that is not likely to apply to us. Instead, the first visit will be at two weeks of age. Don't worry, Fish isn't going to be left hanging for two weeks. The midwife will be visiting regularly during that time (nearly every day in the first week, I believe) and will flag up any potential problems that require addressing before the pediatrician takes over.
The examination table in the pediatrician's office is shaped like a school bus, with stairs for the kid to climb up so he or she can sit on 'the roof'. That looked pretty neat.
No comments:
Post a Comment