Friday, September 16, 2011

Doppler Effect

Apparently, using a home Doppler comes with a risk of bursting into the giggles when weird sounds come out of it. But other than that, they work great! We decided to get one (as I think we mentioned) to keep me from freaking out when I get too far away from an ultrasound appointment and the reassurance it provides.

I am pleased to announce that the baby still has a heartbeat, AND I was able to find it on a Doppler! The display was all over the shop but I calculated it out by ear later and it came in at 156 beats per minute, right on target with the 152 measured by ultrasound earlier this week. And Martin got a video, for those of you who aren't really sick of our prenatal videos already. (Hey, at least I'm keeping it off Facebook!)



(PS - I did NOT burp!)

1 comment:

  1. Now there's a noise you NEVER forget! (Not the not-burp, the voop-voop-voop-voop-voop...)

    ReplyDelete