Last August I went to the annual Noal Hill Irish Concertina School at a campground outside Portland. It was fun, though the fun for me is a bit diminished because for various complicated reasons we're not supposed to post details of the camp online. Not even pictures. I like online. So I got back and felt like I had to completely pretend that I didn't go.
However, I did learn a lot, and once I got my job in September I reserved a space to go back the following year.
However again - this time round I would be 25 weeks pregnant, aka a week past six months. I don't really relish the prospect of a two hour drive north and a week of living out of a suitcase at that point, particularly in the often-hot month of August, and as this is my first pregnancy I can't even begin to guess what my energy levels, bathroom needs, or food aversions might be at that point, let along how much lap I might actually have for a concertina to be on. So today I cancelled my booking. I lose $50 of the deposit, but I get back $100 of it, and don't have to pay the additional $675, and don't have to use a week of vacation time. I think this is the right decision.
Plus I haven't been practicing my concertina lately anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment