Thursday, April 21, 2011

The importance of exercise

From September 2010 to March 2011 I have been taking karate classes twice a week. I have risen from white belt through yellow and earned my blue belt a couple of days after I learned that I was pregnant. Since then, though, I have taken a break from it - partly due to huge fatigue levels and partly out of fear of miscarrying again.

However, I miss it, and it IS good exercise. And at nearly ten weeks I'm not feeling *quite* as exhausted as I have been. I've missed one month of the current three-month term and have decided to get back into it. So tonight I went along to watch, and try to get mentally caught up with what people are doing this term. I plan on doing that next week as well, and possibly rejoining the following week. I've talked with the instructors and have full permission to just not do anything that I'm not comfortable doing, which will include at the minimum laps, falls, and any impact to the stomach.

Hopefully my regular sparring partner, Garrett, will not get promoted this spring without me! We started at the same time and if he ends up at a higher rank I'll never live it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment