Edward had his second birthday over this past weekend. We didn't have a party per se; we prefer hanging out at home with cake, presents and a camera. When he's older if he wants a party he can have one. However, there's no shortage of parties on the day, because we know TWO other kids who were born on the exact same day. Ed is oldest, though, having been born shortly after midnight.
So in the morning we went to J's house for his airplane-themed party, and in the afternoon to P's house for her party, squeezing a nap for Ed in between the two.
Both of the mothers are also pregnant! I guess our social circle is solidly within the "childbearing years". J's mom is less than two weeks away from her due date, while P's mom is due a couple of weeks after me, in August. J's mom was too busy (and tired, probably!) to chat but I had a nice chat with P's mom. We're going to try to get together more often when we both have newborns; she works on the weekends currently so our schedules don't really mesh.
J's mom was commenting on the fact that she's going to have a two year old and a newborn, and seemed slightly freaked by the prospect. I can't say "freaked out by two kids" has ever really been on my mind. Ed is so chill - most of the time - and such a happy little kid, I don't really foresee a lot of problems. We'll need to make sure we continue to give him lots of attention, and he might have a little bit of adjustment to make when he sees the baby nursing - he is not yet weaned, and I don't plan on forcing him to when the baby comes.
At 21 weeks, Baby is currently estimated to be about the length of a banana. This is the first week that baby is measured head to toe instead of head to rump - they do head to rump for the first half of pregnancy because Baby is curled up and tiny for so much of it. I forget what the weight is supposed to be but I think it's still well under a pound. This is probably the start of the long packing-on-poundage phase of development - for both of us, most likely.
I've gotten in touch with our potential replacement midwife and we're going to try to set up a meeting sometime this week. I don't enjoy interviewing new people, and I'll need to dig out all the questions I asked last time, and see if there are any new ones I want to ask. I'll also ask my OB's advice about this midwife when I see her next month, as she seems somewhat familiar with many of the town's midwives, more so than some other doctors I've talked to anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment