Friday, August 26, 2011

More Pregnant than Ever Before

Had my second scan today! This was the "please may I have another scan at this point to not freak out that this baby has died too?" scan that was graciously approved by my perinatologist.

Nine weeks four days, spot on for growth, heartbeat of 169 bpm and was waving arms and legs around like the dickens! She (the technician) showed me a lot of detailed pictures. My baby has arms! And legs! And thumbs! And a nose! AND A HEARTBEAT! And it looks like something from a medical textbook!


Which, I suppose, makes sense. Right now I kind of FEEL like a medical textbook.

I also got to see it jump around and wave its arms and legs. Enjoy the space now, kid; pretty soon it will start feeling a trifle cramped in there!

Here's another picture just because I have it. Head on the left, nose pointing up, legs on the right. Arms not visible as it's kind of a cross-section scan.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! :D What a wonderful post! It truly made my night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth rang me from the Doctor's office as soon as the scan was done, as I had to be at work from 2:30 to 11:30pm. The jiggling really cheered me up. We saw Quinn's heartbeat, but I don't recall any jiggling being mentioned, so this feels like a really positive sign. I too worry when Beth's feeling normal, and cheer quietly when she feels any symptoms. We are strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so INCREDIBLY happy for you and Martin. What an amazing sight. And such wonderful fun to see all the movement! I will continue to keep your new little family in my thoughts. Sending positive and happy thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete