Ten weeks done! I am now officially 1/4 of the way to a baby. It's a bit of a cheaty statistic, as the first two weeks are counted before egg and sperm meet. Those, I'd say, have got to be the easiest two weeks of pregnancy.
Since I just saw the perinatologist on Friday he wants me to move my next appointment from 11 weeks to 12 weeks. So I will next get a scan on Monday September 12th. This time, Martin will get to come along, which I believe he's looking forward to.
So I embark upon the eleventh week. Baby is apparently about the size of a small lemon now, and should double in size this week. It will be built partly of IHOP pancakes, since we went out yesterday morning to celebrate Friday's positive results. And it will be built partly of Quakers Caramel Corn rice cakes, because I am LOVING anything caramel these days. I do like caramel normally, but I don't normally buy four bags of Quakes, a bag of Caramel Candy Corn and a tub of dippable caramel sauce in the space of a week. I'm supposed to dip apples in the caramel sauce, but I find preztels work equally well.
I am already counting the days to my next scan. This is getting silly. In a 'normal' pregnancy I might not have been seen at all yet! And only once a month for the first couple of trimesters. I've got my third and fourth visits at weeks 12 and 14 respectively. I think I'm getting spoilt. But loving it anyway. I am looking forward to the point where I can just drink some orange juice and wait a bit to feel it moving around, rather than wait two weeks for an ultrasound!
No comments:
Post a Comment