Halfway through this bout of limbo, at 8w4d. Last scan was 7w4d and next one is 9w4d - my doctor was very kind to let me schedule it purely to ease anxiety. I probably won't even see him, just the ultrasound technician. That's fine. I'd do the scan myself if I had to!
Some of the women in my group are hitting twelve weeks and posting remarkably detailed scans in which you can see hands and noses! I hope I get to have one of those. I wish there were some independent ultrasound-provider in my town which would let me go in for weekly scans. Some places have package deals that will do that. One in California will give you ten scans for $500. I'd totally do that, and go in once a week for the next ten weeks. I HATE HATE HATE not knowing for sure that this baby's all right.
Yesterday, someone on my Facebook list announced she is pregnant. She has the same due date as me, which means she announced at barely eight and a half weeks. I am crossing my fingers that she won't have to rescind her announcement - it's so horrible to have to do that. I've also hidden her posts for the time being, for my own sanity.
I really have nothing to say, but I did want you to know I'm still reading, Beth, and still keeping fingers and toes crossed. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteMe too.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys :)
ReplyDeleteMan.. You really have a gift of writing ! Your ability to write down all these feelings...good and bad is amazing .. I've run the gammut of emotions from chills to laughing to tears and love. I will read every day ! Love you guys ... Aunt Audi
ReplyDeleteThank you Aunt Audi! I'm really glad that you're reading it and you like it. I try to post at least once a week, more if there is something in particular to write about.
ReplyDelete