Thursday, July 10, 2014

One month to go

36 weeks this week.

With any luck, and contingent on the arrival of a healthy baby, this will be my last ever month being pregnant.  Pregnancy is NOT one of my favourite conditions.  I don't like to complain about discomfort, but if I did, there'd be a few paragraphs about it at this point.

My brother and his family spent the Fourth of July weekend here and we all had a great time.  Evan and Edward really enjoyed playing with each other, though Evan seemed a little frustrated that Edward didn't share his interest in playing Lego Ninjagos and watching movies.  Chris made THREE huge pans of lasagna which have been portioned and frozen for after-baby meals, and Maureen cleaned my kitchen!!  I'm very grateful to both of them for that.  Chris also helped Martin with some outdoor chores like putting gutter guards on the shop's gutters (Martin removed a sapling from one of the gutters last month), spraying moss killer on the roof, and powerwashing/sealing the back patio, which is a work in progress but looking much better than it was a week ago.

Ed still doesn't know what's coming in the baby department.  I've tried to read/look at books with him about it but he's in an anti-book phase and refuses to look.  I'm not sure what he will think of the whole thing but hopefully he will be his usual easygoing self and, with plenty of love and attention, will adjust to the new addition to the family.  And he'll certainly love being able to roughhouse with me again; I've had to put a stop to that in recent weeks, as I just can't do it anymore.

Tonight is another midwife appointment.  Hopefully everything will still look good.  My weight is going up faster than I'd like but as long as I haven't got abnormal swelling or a bad blood pressure that shouldn't be a problem.  I dislike the hot weather at this stage of pregnancy but one benefit of it being summer now is the weather will be perfect for taking walks with baby in a few months, so I'll hopefully be able to get a lot more exercise than I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment