Thursday, June 26, 2014

34 Weeks, and a cold!

Just what every heavily pregnant woman needs in the summer...a cold!  I've been fighting something off since Saturday but I think I'm losing.  Ed may have it as well but so far he's been well enough to keep going to daycare, meaning that when I DO take sick time off work (which isn't often) I have a chance of actually getting some rest.

34 weeks is another good milestone to hit.  A baby born now is still considered premature but has very good odds of not having chronic health problems.  No signs that baby is going anywhere yet, though.  Plenty of wiggles and bumps and I swear the kid actually thumped so hard the other day while I was lying down that I MOVED!  Rocked in the chair.  It was really funny.  This little one is going to be another strong kid like big brother, I think.

We had a midwife appointment on Monday, everything is pretty good.  A little bit of protein and a little bit of ankle swelling caught my midwife's attention but my blood pressure is very good so there's currently no worry about pre-eclampsia or other problems.  My sugar levels are still fine.  My iron is a bit low so I need to get more iron in my diet.  Unfortunately many iron rich foods, like beans and nuts, are not things that I like.  I don't like raisins much but I do like grapes, and I asked if grapes are considered high in iron but the midwife thinks that I'd have to eat an awful lot of them because they're mostly water.  She's recommended adding some prune juice to my diet...I've always assumed I would hate the taste of prune juice but I've never actually tried it, so it's on the shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment