I reached the thirty-week mark over the weekend - ten more to go! In a way it seems like a short time period. In another way, it seems very, very long indeed.
I looked back to see what I was writing about at thirty weeks with Edward - it was a pretty short post. Like then, I am pretty tired. Unlike then, I have no idea what position Owl is in (the midwife might check that this Thursday), I don't have the same food restrictions as last time, and I haven't been having round ligament pains. I have, however, been having very stiff hips and it is often difficult to move around. Not fun!
Nesting is so funny. Last time we had a baby room to set up. This time, it's pretty much set up, and it's also not the middle of winter, so my nesting impulse has focused on our dilapidated vegetable garden. Over the weekend I got two of the raised beds in order and planted strawberry plants, lettuce, corn and watermelon, and there are already some peas planted from a week or two ago. I won't be surprised if hardly anything grows since the seeds are four years old and some didn't look so good, but amusingly the nesting thing doesn't seem to care if they grow or not, it's just happy that they got planted! There are some other backyard-maintenance things that I want to do, but the most urgent one was the planting. A lot of the weed pulling will have to wait till our yard waste is collected again in a couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment