I've signed up for another homebirth! The Corvallis midwife, Lisa, is happy to work with me. I had my first prenatal appointment with her last week when we visited, and she is coming down to Eugene on Monday for the next one. She'll work with Victoria as her assistant, and they have worked together for prenatal appointments before but never for a birth, so they are looking forward to working together on mine. They have both done births with Colleen and they all have similar working styles.
The appointments from now on will be a mix of us going there, Lisa coming here (she has family here anyway so will also visit them while in town), and Victoria doing prenatals on her own. I'm also continuing the OB care just in case I end up with a complication that doesn't permit a home birth such as pre-eclampsia, pre term labor or a bad presentation. My next OB appointment isn't till the second week of May so it'll be a while before I can update her on the new arrangement.
Yay! So happy that this is working out for you :)
ReplyDelete