Seventeen weeks yesterday! I still can't get used to these double-digit numbers. It feel very weird to be...making progress.
This will be a quiet week - no doctor's appointments. The midwife is next Monday. I'm not yet "out" at work and I'm hoping to remain that way till Halloween, but it'll be a close thing.
Not much going on, so not much to write! Baby continues to respond well to the Doppler. The girls in my online expecting group are running a pseudo-scientific experiment with the "baking soda pee test" which is supposed to determine gender based on the resulting chemical reaction (or lack thereof). Full results are not yet in, but it's looking surprisingly accurate so far, though with only three data points. A bunch of people have yet to take the test, and some of the ones who have taken the test have yet to discover their baby's gender via ultrasound, so more data will be forthcoming.
News flash. I am exhausted. Not sure if that's a pregnancy thing or just my recurring tendency to go to bed WAY too late on work nights.
I've been looking through some of my mom's papers (the few that I have) to see if there are any records of her pregnancies in there. Not really. I did find another baby book of mine, which was very detailed in my first year but then stops abruptly - another indication that my father's medical problems were ramping up at the time. I think another page that I found said he was diagnosed when I was nine months old. I did find some promising diary pages from 1975 when she was talking about possibly being pregnant - and she was, with Chris, but didn't know it yet. Back then I think you couldn't find out until you went to the doctor for a special test after missing two periods. She did make mention in these pages of once having a 43-day cycle. I don't know if she was trying to have a baby at that time or not, but if she was, it could have been a six week miscarriage like mine.
I wish I had more information.
No comments:
Post a Comment