I'm delighted to announce that my wife Beth is six weeks pregnant, with the baby due, if all goes well, around 17th November.
This is not in fact our first pregnancy, but the previous one ended at around six weeks in December 2008 with a miscarriage. Miscarriage is difficult to discuss but far more common than generally appreciated, with as high as 20% of pregnancies ending this way. I know at least one of my cousins has suffered miscarriages, but three female cousins have produced seven children between them now, so we were able, in most part, to treat it as a setback rather than a tragedy; and it was much easier for me because I only knew about the pregnancy for a week before it came to an end. That was an exciting week, but for Beth it has been hard seeing children of the same age as our baby would have been.
So the rest of the year is going to be a nervous , busy and exciting time.
No comments:
Post a Comment