Thirty two weeks today.
Yesterday I had my 32-week midwife appointment. All is going very well:
The midwife says my pre-GD blood glucose readings look great and she’s told me to continue the healthier eating and lay off the finger sticking for a couple of weeks, because I’ve got it under control at the moment. (The placenta is what's interfering with my insulin processing, and its effect can change as pregnancy progresses.)
My blood pressure and heart rate and all that stuff is great. I forget if I said already, but my blood test from last time shows no anemia. She could hear lots of amniotic fluid when using the fetoscope (like a stethoscope, sort of) and Fish was moving around a lot - he or she actually flipped over during the exam! Doesn't like getting prodded with the scope, I guess.
Still head down, which is great. The midwife was amazed at Fish's leg length. "Here's baby's bottom," she said, pushing on the far left side of my belly, "and ... wow, the feet are all the way over here!" pushing on my far right side. We estimated about nine or ten inches of baby legs! According to this article, a newborn's legs make up about one-third of their total length/height. Uh, that means Fish will be about 27 inches long....okay, maybe not. But it'll be interesting to see if any of those footed 0-3 month clothes actually FIT.
Next appointment is in two weeks; then another appointment two weeks later at 36 weeks, and from then on it's weekly - yikes! But fortunately most of them so far have been scheduled outside of my work hours, which means I am able to reserve my paid time off for during maternity leave. Though I expect once I am in the last month I will welcome the opportunity to have a few short work days!
No comments:
Post a Comment